How to Continue SSS Contribution as Voluntary, Self-Employed, or OFW Member

If you are an SSS member and you used to pay your SSS contribution before but have stopped paying for some reasons, you can still retain your membership with SSS and continue paying your contribution.

In order to do this, you must have valid SSS payments in your records. Meaning, if you were previously employed, your employer must’ve remitted your SSS contributions and it must have been posted in your SSS account.

Or, if you are a Voluntary, Self-employed, or OFW member, and you previously paid your SSS contributions, your payments must also show up in your records.

Non-Filipino Citizens who are SSS members can also continue paying their contributions to SSS.

In short, no matter what your SSS membership type is, as long as you have valid SSS payments in your SSS account, you can still continue paying your SSS contributions.

Where to Pay your SSS Contribution?

1. For Voluntary and Self-Employed

You can pay your SSS contribution at the SSS Office (Cashier) or at any accredited SSS Payment Center like SM Business Center or Bayad Center.

Just fill out the SSS Payment Form with your correct information and wait for a few days for your payment to be posted to your SSS account.

2. For OFWs and Non-Filipino Citizens

You may pay your SSS contributions at the accredited overseas e-payment collection centers or you can ask a family member or a representative here in the Philippines to pay your contribution at the SSS Cashier or at any accredited SSS Payment Center.

If you are paying for the first time after you missed your previous contributions, it would be best if you pay it at the SSS Cashier for faster posting.

Also, make sure you keep all your payment receipts in case you need it in the future.

Watch this video tutorial on how and where to pay your SSS Contribution.

FAQs about SSS Contribution

  • Can you pay your contributions for the months that you missed? 

No, because SSS doesn’t allow retro payment of contributions. Please refer to the table below to know the deadline of your SSS contribution payment.


  • Can you pay your contributions for the entire year? 

For OFWs, yes, you can pay your contributions in advance for the entire year. According to the Philippine Social Security System,

Payment of contributions for the months of January to December of a given year may be paid within the same year; contributions for the months of October to December of a given year may also be paid on or before the 31st of January of the succeeding year.

  • How much should you pay for your SSS Contribution? 

Your contribution is based on your salary or compensation. Please refer to the latest SSS Table of Contribution of 2017 below:


  • Can you pay more than the maximum contribution in the SSS Table of Contribution?

Yes, you can, but it will be posted as your SSS Flexi-Fund Investment. SSS Flexi Fund is a Provident Fund program that is exclusively offered to OFWs and it aims to help you save and earn more money. Click here for more info about SSS Flexi-Fund.

  • How will I know if my payment has been posted to my SSS account? 

If you are registered online, just go to, login to your SSS online account, click Inquiry under E-Services, then click Actual Premiums. You may also read this article for detailed instructions.

If you’re not registered yet, click here to read: SSS Online Registration

Or, you can visit the nearest SSS branch to inquire about your latest SSS contribution. Just to go the E-Information Services table to get this info.

  • How to Contact SSS Abroad? 

You can contact the SSS OFW Contact Services Unit (CSU) if you have questions or concerns about your SSS membership or contributions. Please refer to the poster below: sss-foreign-offices

  • How to Contact SSS in the Philippines?
    • SSS Call Center: 920-6446 to 55;
    • SSS Email:;
    • SSS Facebook:
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on google

Please share to your friends


  1. Sulpicio cabacas jr says

    Hi good day can I ask for my sss Id number? I for got my sss number

  2. Angelina C. Casauay says

    very informative po ang video Tutorial ninyo.. May I ask if I have to go personally at the SSS business center to inform them that I will continue my SSS contribution as Voluntary?

Speak Your Mind